Special Needs Program Support Specialist
Katz Jewish Community Center (JCC)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
The ACHaD (Special Needs) Department at the Katz JCC is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual, who is team oriented to be an integral staff member of the ACHaD special needs department of the Katz
Jewish Community Center, an agency of Jewish Federation of Southern NJ. The Special Needs Program Support Specialist is responsible for the organizational tasks that are necessary for the daily coordination of ACHaD Department.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- maintain financial and program statistics
- database management
- initiate, track and submit billing to the State for program participants
- develop flyers and marketing materials
- contact participants and their caregivers to promote continuity of services
- return phone calls and emails in a timely manner
- enroll and maintain participants in programming
- other administrative duties as assigned
- maintain existing programs as both a co- facilitator and or lead
- support individuals with a disability in a program/event to the maximum degree of involvement possible.
- work closely with the Open Hearts / Open Doors program at the JCC camps at Medford, and the Early Childhood Camps at the Katz JCC.
- other support duties as assigned
- promote the ACHaD department and facilitate integration with other JCC departments
- engage with Board members and volunteers to promote the mission of the ACHaD department
- partner on new programs and events with other JCC departments and other agencies
- foster relationships with ACHaD families
EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor Degree in Special Education or related field
- Exceptional computer skills with a high level of proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Sensitivity to the Special Needs Population and their families
This is a Full-time position with the ability to have a flexible schedule that will include late afternoons, early evenings and occasional weekends.
Note: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.