Preschool Head Teacher
Katz Jewish Community Center (JCC)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
Jewish Community Center (JCC), an agency of Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, is seeking a full-time 3 Year-old Head Teacher for their Early Childhood Department. The person who assumes this role will work Monday through Friday 7:45 am to 4:45 pm (1-hour unpaid break) 10 months per year. (hours are subject to change)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for academic, social and emotional growth of children in class within school setting. Creates a nurturing, safe environment. Responsible for training of assistant teachers in class. Interacts with parents and gives insight into each child’s progress. Plans and carries out curriculum. Is aware and responsive to needs of JCC.
- It is essential that all staff participate in a variety of agency wide and interdepartmental activities. Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information.
- Curriculum planning & implementation. (Including planning curriculum for PM staff to follow.) and have knowledge of Creative Curriculum and Developmentally Appropriate Practices for a 3-year old classroom.
- Training of assistant teachers
- Creating safe. nurturing environment
- Motivation of children and enjoyment of program
- Daily parent- teacher interaction
- Evaluation of students and individual conferences with parents
- Instituting Judaic curriculum
- Planning field trips
- Turning in lesson plans and monthly calendars
- Keeping room physically attractive and in good order
- Attending staff meetings/professional development seminars
- Daily journal record keeping through Tadpoles
- Consult with the Administrators regarding the performance of the Assistant Teachers in their classroom.
- Must be able to lift children up to 40 pounds several times per day.
- Must be willing and able to diaper children and follow guidelines for diapering and teach the team.
Master’s or Bachelors’ Degree in Education or related field plus at least 6 credits and experience; --Have a degree (Associate’s or higher) inside (preferred) or outside of the early childhood field and three or more years of work experience in a NAEYC – accredited program;
Teacher Certificate from Department of Education in a field other than education and 9 credits and three years of experience or 6 credits and four years of experience.
Have a minimum of CDA credential awarded by the Council for Professional Recognition or equivalent.
A competitive rate of pay
May be benefit eligible
Interested applicants please email email@example.com to apply. EOE