Preschool Assistant 1 Teacher
Katz Jewish Community Center (JCC)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
Jewish Community Center of Cherry Hill (JCC), an agency of Jewish Federation of Southern NJ, is seeking a full-time Assistant 1 Teacher for their Preschool in the Early Childhood Department.
Reports To: Head Teacher and ECE Directors
Hours 10 – 6:15 M- Th and 6 on Friday (with a 1-hour unpaid break)
(Hours subject to change)
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Assist Head Teacher in all areas of classroom's needs. Creates a safe, nurturing environment. Interacts with parents in a positive manner. Helps administer curriculum in classroom. Attends seminars, meetings, etc. Is responsive to the needs of the JCC.
1) It is essential that all staff participate in a variety of agency wide and interdepartmental activities. Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information.
- Helps administer curriculum
- Keeps room attractive and in good order
- Makes sure that lunch and snack needs are accommodated
- Interacts with parents in a positive manner
- Attends staff meetings/professional development seminars
- Interacts with children in a positive manner
- Motivates children and creates an enjoyable atmosphere
- Daily journal record keeping via Tadpoles
- Must be able to lift children up to 40 pounds several times per day.
- Works with committees within the ECE Department and is available for JCC special events
committees and Teachers' Meetings.
- Must be flexible to move to another room if asked by the ECE admin team.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree and/or experience with children within an Early Childhood Education experience
Please send your resume to Donna Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE