LKSA Swim Instructor
Katz Jewish Community Center (JCC)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
Katz JCC, a vibrant non-profit community center, seeks a part-time LKSA Swim Instructor. The person in this position will provide quality swim instruction for members of all ages and abilities, insure the safety of all students. The person in this position will work mornings from 9am to 12pm.
- Responsible for appropriate LKSA method of teaching all levels of swimming and keeping accurate records of student achievements in conjunction with the LKSA office
- Maintain ongoing communication with student’s parents with both positive feedback and areas of difficulty
- Successful complete 40 hrs. of LKSA training and maintain certification by attending ongoing scheduled trainings.
- Maintain attendance at lessons as outlined in the LKSA instructor guide.
- On Occasion – instructors may be asked to instruct specialty classes and/or assist with special populations, ECE swim classes & ECE Summer Camp program.
- In the event of emergency, It may be necessary to fill out accident reports and pool records, this must be done in a timely fashion and reported to a supervisor
- To maintain First Aid / CPR / AED training and to use these skills when necessary
- Additional responsibilities may be added periodically based upon the needs of the Health and Wellness department or the Katz JCC.
- CPR certification is a must
- First Aid and Lifeguard certification is a plus
- Strong ability to work with children and adults of all ages in an aquatic environment
- Associates degree or 3 years’ experience preferred.