The Jewish Community Foundation, Inc. (JCF)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
The Jewish Community Foundation (JCF) seeks a highly skilled, dynamic, mission-driven Development Associate to foster and facilitate sustainable philanthropy in the Jewish community in South Jersey. The professional will develop and implement a targeted and comprehensive planned giving and endowment program. The Development Associate is to be an effective networker, passionate about the SNJ Jewish community, knowledgeable and experienced in planned giving, and capable of fostering and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders in the community.
WHY JCF’S WORK IS IMPORTANT:
Growth in demand for charitable dollars is outpacing success in raising these funds. Organizations need to be strategic about their futures to ensure long term support of their mission. By building endowments now, we create a future stream of income to ensure sustainability for the community and the work we do. JCF is uniquely positioned to be that resource for the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, its family of agencies, Jewish day schools, synagogues, and the other organizations in our community.
CORE RESPONSIBILITES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective donors including solicitation, stewardship and cultivation of planned gifts, donor advised funds, and unrestricted gifts.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings for cultivation, promotion and closure of planned gifts for the benefit of the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, its family of agencies, Jewish day schools, synagogues, and the other organizations in our community.
- Create a holistic development plan for the JCF for new and existing donors and serve as lead staff on implementation.
- Increase the quality of donor engagement with the JCF by creating a systematic method of donor identification, cultivation, stewardship and recognition.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison and coach to all LIFE & LEGACY organizations and help integrate its processes into the organizations’ cultures.
- Plan and facilitate regular training sessions for volunteers and professionals, where they can learn about planned giving and the legacy building process.
- Guide, encourage, assist, engage and train legacy team members and other volunteers to facilitate planned giving conversations.
- Engage professionals and lay leaders of local Jewish institutions in meaningful dialogue to assist them to develop and implement their internal legacy action plans.
- Grow existing relationships with partner organizations so that these organizations see the JCF as a valuable partner and resource to their ongoing development activities.
- Lead the effort to organization and coordinate community-wide stewardship efforts to recognize those who have established legacies for the benefit of the local Jewish community.
- Foster, establish and maintain a volunteer network of estate planning attorneys, accountants, insurance and financial advisors who are close to the organization and are influential with donors/prospects.
- Participate/attend in various community programs and events to meet and develop meaningful relationships with members and potential donors.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree required: Master’s Degree preferred.
· Experience in Planned Giving.
· Minimum 5 years development experience required: preferably in work that would encompass prospect research, gift solicitation, proven track record of building relationships, donor management and programmatic planning.
· Demonstrated successful track record with lay leadership, training and motivating a development team.
· Experience in volunteer development and group facilitation.
· Strong knowledge of Jewish values and traditions.
· An energetic self-starter, persistent, relationship builder who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
· Strong follow through and organizational skills.
· High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite, Database), Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
(The expectation is a flexible work schedule including weekends, evenings, holidays and special events and additional duties as deemed necessary).
Note: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package. No relocation reimbursement.
This position is part-time but we are will to make it full-time for the right person. Full-time positions are benefit eligible. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in the position. EOE