Graphic Design Intern
Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey (JFED) seeks a Graphic Design Intern to join our Marketing & Communications team. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who wants to gain valuable on-the-job experience while pursuing their degree.
We are a small team, which provides immediate opportunities to diversify your skillset by working on a variety of projects, the potential to propose and implement your own innovations, the ability to quickly advance our work, and the chance to make a big impact.
Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time, and work both independently and in a team setting. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a professional staff in a community-based Jewish organization.
The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey encompasses Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester Counties, serving a Jewish population of approximately 50,000 through a network of local, national, and international agencies. Locally, the Jewish Federation supports a wide range of programs and services – some provided by agencies that it owns and operates, others by area synagogues, religious schools, and other institutions.
- Assist the Graphic Designer in creating and designing print and digital materials
- Understand design requirements and produce graphic work accordingly
- Receive feedback and make necessary edits to print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Assist with the development of marketing campaigns for Federation events, community outreach and education, and fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the Graphic Designer and Marketing Director to develop design concepts
- Currently enrolled in a design degree program
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Strong creative skills with experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and effectively under tight deadlines
- Positive response to constructive feedback and a willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Interest in the nonprofit field or Jewish communal work
- Work on a wide variety of graphic design projects
- Receive guidance and feedback from successful graphic design and marketing professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
- Stipend available; will work with intern to provide academic credit if applicable
This is a part-time intern position, 5-10 hours per week, for the duration of the upcoming/current semester. Email resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Karen Bray-Pollak at firstname.lastname@example.org.