Hours: Monday through Thursday 1:00 – 6:00pm and 6:00-pm on Friday
(Hours are subject to change)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for helping in different classrooms, on an as needed basis, while children and teachers are either in classroom, in Imaginarium, Playground, or going to “specials”. Create a safe, nurturing environment. Is aware and responsive to needs of JCC.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (principal duties)
3) It is essential that all staff participate in a variety of agency wide and interdepartmental activities. Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information:
- Creating safe, nurturing environment
- Motivation of children and enjoyment of program
- Keeping room physically attractive and in good order
- Attending staff meetings/professional development seminars
- Must be able to lift children up to 40 pounds several times per day.
- Must be willing and able to diaper children and follow guidelines for diapering and teach the team if necessary
Some understanding of early childhood development and experience in working with young children; early childhood and/or degree with early childhood courses preferred.
A competitive rate of pay
May be benefit eligible
Interested applicants please email firstname.lastname@example.org EOE