The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey (JFED) seeks an innovative Digital Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing & Communications team. We look to leverage a background in digital communications to develop and promote our mission to our South Jersey community, donors, partners, and other stakeholders. We are seeking someone with strong oral and written communications skills, experience with social media and technology, and in a nonprofit environment that enjoys working collectively towards a common goal.
We are a small, but highly efficient team. Joining a small team provides immediate opportunities for leadership, the chance to diversify your skillset by working on a variety of projects, the potential to propose and implement your own innovations, the ability to quickly advance our work, and the chance to make a big impact.
This role is the perfect balance of strategy and hands-on execution. You will get to see your ideas come to fruition and continuously evolve over time. Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time, and work both independently and in a team setting. We are looking for a self-starter with the initiative to carry ideas through to completion.
- Collaborate with all staff on possible content for social media updates
- Design and curate content for social media channels to strategically expand our social media presence; coordinate posts with program, development, and events staff
- Work with events staff to execute pre- and post-event stories on website and social media, including taking photographs and video of events for social sharing
- Develop new content for multiple websites, including researching and implementing best practices in page design, navigation structure, and flow of information
- Maintain multiple websites with updated copy, graphics, and SEO
- Track results of marketing campaigns through tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights and make data-driven decisions and recommendations to strategically expand our online presence
- Implement and manage Google AdWords and social media ad campaigns
- Develop, design, and manage email marketing campaigns and distribution lists
- Interface with the Marketing Director and Graphic Designer on other projects as needed
- Passion for and knowledge of the Jewish community preferred, along with nonprofit or volunteer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 2-5 years of professional experience in digital media marketing/communications
- Knowledgeable in the effective use of emerging communication technologies, especially email campaign platforms, social media, and online advertising, as well as metrics to determine effectiveness
- Commitment to take full ownership of a project and develop creative methods to increase brand recognition and overall strategic communications
- Significant attention to detail and excellent organizational skills; ability to hold self and others to high standards
- An eye for design and visual storytelling; you will be responsible for keeping our brand aesthetic in mind when designing email marketing campaigns and new webpage layouts, as well as creating visual social media posts
- Comfortable photographing events
- Ability to work and deliver high quality products in a fast-paced, flexible job environment and to handle multiple tasks and details simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a variety of personalities with diplomacy
- Sense of humor a must!
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) and eligible for benefits. Some evenings and weekends required to cover events. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.