The Jewish Community Foundation, Inc. (JCF)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
The Jewish Community Foundation (JCF) seeks a highly skilled, dynamic, mission-driven Development Associate to foster and facilitate sustainable philanthropy in the Jewish community in South Jersey. The professional will develop and implement a targeted and comprehensive planned giving and endowment program. The Development Associate is to be an effective networker, passionate about the SNJ Jewish community, knowledgeable and experienced in planned giving, and capable of fostering and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders in the community.
CORE RESPONSIBILITES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective donors including solicitation, stewardship and cultivation of planned gifts, donor advised funds, and unrestricted gifts.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings for cultivation, promotion and closure of planned gifts for the benefit of the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, its family of agencies, Jewish day schools, synagogues, and the other organizations in our community.
- Create a holistic development plan for the JCF for new and existing donors and serve as lead staff on implementation.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison and coach to all LIFE & LEGACY organizations and help integrate its processes into the organizations’ cultures.
- Engage professionals and lay leaders of local Jewish institutions in meaningful dialogue to assist them to develop and implement their internal legacy action plans.
- Foster, establish and maintain a volunteer network of estate planning attorneys, accountants, insurance and financial advisors who are close to the organization and are influential with donors/prospects.
- Participate/attend in various community programs and events as a means to meet and develop meaningful relationships with members and potential donors.
Other responsibilities as identified and assigned.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor Degree required: Master’s Degree preferred.
· Experience in Planned Giving.
· Minimum 3-5 years development experience required: preferably in work that would encompass prospect research, gift solicitation, proven track record of building relationships, donor management and programmatic planning.
· Strong knowledge of Jewish values and traditions.
· High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite, Database), Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
(The expectation is a flexible work schedule including weekends, evenings, holidays and special events and additional duties as deemed necessary).
This position is part-time but we are willing to make it full-time for the right person. Full-time positions are benefit eligible.
Note: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package. No relocation reimbursement.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position. EOE