SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide management and supervision for the optimal operation of JCC pool facilities, programs and staff (lifeguards, water instructors, swim lesson (LKSA) instructors, swim team coaches, etc.) to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our members and community. Provide management and supervision for control desk staff and babysitting staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Principal duties)
1) Maintain records and statistics with respect to the JCC Aquatics Program, (i.e.: pool schedule, class schedules, chemical records, maintenance schedule of equipment, facility usage, etc.)
2) Develop work schedule(s) for pool personnel (lifeguards, swim instructors, etc)
3) Ordering supplies and equipment for aquatic facilities and ensuring that equipment is properly secured and maintained
4) Maintain ongoing, regular communication with participants in aquatics programs and facility
5) In conjunction with F & W Director, coordinate rentals of JCC Aquatic facility and use of equipment for outside groups.
6) Prepare Aquatic budget (in conjunction with supervisor), along with department’s goals and achievements of the year
7) Develop, coordinate, instruct and administer safe, quality aquatic program for all age groups, including group and private swim classes (LKSA), Swim team, group exercise programs, family swim programs, special events, etc.
8) Supervise and coordinate LKSA program (all aspects of its operation both in the office and with instructors), working alongside head instructors as needed to ensure proper supervision of all LKSA staff.
9) Develop, coordinate, and administer (New and creative) Aquatic programs for all age groups, including swim classes, aquatic programs, and special events,
10) Provide supervision and ongoing training (certification where applicable – American Red Cross, CPR, Lifeguarding)) for lifeguards, (LKSA) swim instructors, swim team coaches and other aquatic staff
11) Participate in the JCC’s registration of classes and programs
12) Participate in the regular F &W OD coverage; daily supervision of F & W facilities, programs, staff, etc. (1-2 nights per week)
13) Supervise the Control desk staff and offer regular training and updates to the control desk staff.
14) Develop schedule for Control Desk staff. **Control desk must be staffed at all times
15) Create and maintain a friendly, positive, work related environment for all members, guests, participants, etc. entering JCC F&W facility.
16) Develop weekly staff schedule for Childcare Staff
17) To maintain First Aid / CPR / AED training and to use these skills when necessary
18) As a professional representative of the agency, maintain proper relationships with public and private agencies for the purpose of developing inter-agency programs.
19) Coordinate the operation (ie; staff / instruction) of the ECE swim classes and summer Kinder camp swim instruction program.
20) Coordinate rentals for the Fitness & Wellness department (pool, gymnasium, fields, etc)
21) Maintain appropriate township and state licensing of all aquatic areas of the JCC.
Work in conjunction with the Fitness and Wellness Committee and aquatic sub-committees to develop quality Aquatic related programs and classes, ie; (LKSA) Swim lessons, Aqua fitness, JCC Sharks swim team, special events and more Aquatic Committee, LKSA, Swim Team, parents, committee, etc.
Aquatic Budget LKSA, Swim Team, Program rentals and special events
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Physical education, Recreation or related field
- Lifeguard and CPR / First Aid / AED certified
- CPO certification a plus, working knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance of equipment
- Lifeguard instructor, LKSA Instructor W.S.I. certification a plus
Proven ability to supervise / manage aquatic / recreation staff, facility and program
- Working knowledge of LKSA program, swim lessons, swim team and associated pool maintenance and equipment operation
- Working knowledge and previous supervisory and rental coordination experience
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) and eligible for benefits. Some evenings and weekends required to cover events. Email cover letter and resume to Bill Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.